How it Works
Clean, non-toxic skincare - How to get rid of hyperpigmentation on skin of color.
Hydroquinone is a chemical used to lighten skin and is often prescribed by dermatologists in the United States to treat dark spots, melasma, freckles, age, and sunspots, despite its controversies discovered in research (we discuss below). Hydroquinone works at the cellular level to reduce the synthesis of melanin and will take weeks to months before the results of lightening the darker skin are seen. This effect of lightened skin is temporary so when you discontinue the use of hydroquinone, the hyperpigmentation will return. The problem with hydroquinone is its known and documented side effects. The most significant concern with hydroquinone is the risk is that it may be potentially carcinogenic. The US FDA in 2006 revoked its previous approval of hydroquinone and proposed a ban on all over-the-counter preparations. Other common side effects include skin sun sensitivity, redness, itchiness, inflammation and ochronosis, a condition in which the skin appears black-blue due to the accumulation of homogentisic acid in connective tissues. Ironically, those with dark skin have a higher chance of getting these side effects. See this medical case study on a Dermatology Online Journal, 20(12) published in 2015 about a case of a female 53-year-old woman with Fitzpatrick skin type IV with ochronisis induced by hydroquinone use. The truth is hydroquinone introduces many complications that doctors themselves can not solve.
With so much doubt about its safety, why take the risk? LeCerre recommends alternative ingredients that have been shown to be just as effective with no negative side effects. This is why LeCerre’s Rapid Brightening Serum was created. We don't call ourselves "natural skincare" or "organic skincare" but rather safe, clean, non-toxic skincare. We prefer to use ingredients that are as natural as possible but do recognize that some processing of the natural ingredients may be necessary to make it more stable, safer, and effective.
The Rapid Brightening Serum is essentially three products in one: a brightener, a moisturizer, and smoother. Packed inside each bottle are good for you ingredients clinically proven to reduce melanin synthesis, and therefore, help fade the appearance of hyperpigmentation over time. As an alternative to hydroquinone or kojic acid, the Rapid Brightening Serum is gentle to use daily and continuously, even while pregnant. We are so confident, we offer a 60 Day Money Back Guarantee and encourage you to document your skin journey by taking before and after photos.
Brighten and Luminosity Booster
Five active ingredients in the Rapid Brightening Serum work together to boost the skin’s luminosity and reduce the appearance of dark spots. Microencapsulation technology is used to preserve the potency of ingredients and enable their delivery deeper into the skin, to ensure more absorption. These active ingredients are carefully blended at the right concentration to be just as powerful as hydroquinone, without the harsh side effects. The Environmental Working Group (EWG) have given each of these ingredients are great safety score. The Serum is light weight and absorbs quickly into the skin to leave a dry finish.
Potassium Azeloyl Diglycinate (Azelaic Acid) + Acetyl Glucosamine (NAG) + Niacinamide (Vitamin B3) + Dong Quai + Tetrahydrodiferuloylmethane (Turmeric)
Anti-Inflammatory and UV Protectant Effects
Free radical chain reactions are implicated in most degenerative biological reactions. Free radicals on the surface of the skin, generated through exposure to ultraviolet radiation, chemicals or other environmental stress factors catalyze aging of the skin. Five active ingredients in the Rapid Brightening Serum scavenge free radicals and prevent their formation. Laboratory studies revealed that Tetrahydrodiferuloylmethane (Turmeric) offers topical protection against UVB induced inflammation and the resultant damage to the skin. This dual-action protects the skin cells from damage by UV radiation and the resultant inflammation and injury with beneficial effects on overall skin health.
Niacinamide (Vitamin B3) + Dong Quai + Vitamin E + Tetrahydrodiferuloylmethane (Turmeric) + Rosa Damascena Flower Oil
Moisturize and Smoothen
Low molecular weight Sodium Hyaluronate penetrates deep into the skin to help replenish and hold cell moisture, leading to plump, hydrated skin. Acetyl Glucosamine (NAG) once on the skin, promoted the synthesis of collagen, which is responsible for the elasticity, smoothness, and plumpness of skin. Whereas Apple Fruit Extract delivers a beneficial natural acid to promote the exfoliation of dead skin to reveal smoother skin.
Apple Fruit Extract + Sodium Hyaluronate + Acetyl Glucosamine (NAG)
What is inside the Rapid Brightening Serum?
The Rapid Brightening Serum was formulated to be a hard-working, multi-tasking serum that can help bring your skin back to life. The ingredients in the serum have been clinically proven to moisturize, smoothen, and brighten skin. So instead of buying three different products, you can simplify your skin care routine with the use of the Rapid Brightening Serum. Every ingredient in the Rapid Brightening Serum has a key role in benefiting your skin or keeping the product safe. No need for filler ingredients that are unsafe and may cause sensitivities.
Let’s break down the full ingredients list in the serum and learn what each does.
- Water - provides a base for the serum
- Glycerin - a humectant that moisturizes the skin by drawing water into the outer layer of your skin
- Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract - rich in antioxidants like vitamin C and natural acids that helps reduce signs of aging
- Potassium Azeloyl Diglycinate - The derivative is very water-soluble, easy to use in nice formulas and inherits all the lovely properties of Azelaic acid. It acts as a skin brightening agent via Tyrosinase (a famous enzyme needed to make melanin) inhibition and also has significant sebum normalizing activity.
- Niacinamide - known as Vitamin B3, helps skin retain moisture, reduces inflammation, and fades the appearance of dark spots and pigmentation. When coupled with acetyl glycosamine (NAG), it’s brightening power increases.
- Acetyl Glucosamine - known as NAG, promotes the synthesis of collagen, which is responsible for the elasticity, smoothness, and plumpness of skin. It can be metabolized into hyaluronic acid to increase the skin’s water moisture.
- Hydroxyethylcellulose - derived from cellulose (found in the cell walls of plants), it is a thickening agent
- Angelica Polymorpha Sinensis Root Extract (Dong Quai) - reduces the synthesis of melanin to diminish the appearance of dark marks. It promotes skin healing by encouraging collagen production.
- Sodium Hyaluronate - is smaller in molecular size than hyaluronic acid. It penetrates deeper into the skin to help replenish and hold cell moisture, leading to hydrated, plump skin.
- Tocopherol (Vitamin E) - this powerful antioxidant neutralizes free radicals, moisturizes skin, and improves the appearance of visible skin aging.
- Caffeine - constricts the blood vessels and helps reduce inflammation and puffiness. It also tightens and brightens the skin, reducing wrinkles and visibly smoothing
- Rosa Damascena Flower Oil - purifies the complexion and reduces redness and puffiness due to its strong anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory properties, it nourishes the skin, making it appear brighter and more luminous.
- Tetrahydrodiferuloylmethane - a natural extract derived from turmeric roots, gently reduces melanin production to fade the appearance of dark spots and hyperpigmentation. It brightens and evens the skin tone.
- Benzyl Alcohol - is a mild preservative and it's among the least sensitizing preservatives in use.
- Ethylhexylglycerin - is a skin-softening agent also used as a preservative
- Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate - is a water-soluble derivative of Vitamin C. It is more stable in water effective antioxidant, brightens the skin tone and reduces signs of aging
- Panthenol - is best known for its ability to act as a moisturizing ingredient — which attracts and retains moisture in skin.
- Disodium EDTA - protects the integrity of skincare products from undergoing unwanted consistency changes, pH changes, odor changes, or texture changes.